Sunday 20 September 2020

Sleep-Dreaming

 

 (Picture Credit - Boston Uni)

Again I slouch on my couch.

Awake.

Conscious that I am me,

Composing this piece.

I have my memories

And see my lounge –

My Man Cave

With gardens outside.

 

But

As I’ve said before

When I fall asleep

Weird things happen.

In my dreams

Amazing stories unfold

As though I’m making films

Or countless TV clips.

Sometimes it’s like I’m on my computer

Again –

Living what I read

Or taking part

In streams of videos.

 

So many shocks!

Surprises.

With people now living or dead

In the real world.

 

So once more I have to ask

Who is feeding me these scenes?

Presenting me with crowds

Of people

Known and unknown.

 

Is it my Id, Subconscious, Unconscious…

What?

Some other person

Within myself?

Putting aside the Spiritual source,

Who is this Other Me

Who can’t be me

Because I am Me.

 

The Conscious Me is lost

In some Unconscious Realm,

Weirder that Twilight Zone

Every time

I dream.

 

We take these things for granted

Of course

Putting to the back of our minds

That we have no idea

About that fundamental question:

What is Reality?

 

Paul Butters

 

© PB 20\9\2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment