“Everywhere”
We are always and everywhere
In this earthly garden we are flowers that fade
Blossom, then wither away
Devoured by bacteria and God knows what
Becoming stardust
From the star we call Sol
Or Sun
Plants live from soil
Composed of their ancient ancestors
And we eat plants
All part of the cycle of Life
But what of our conscious souls or spirits?
Our consciousness indeed?
I hear you ask
Who knows?
I simply yearn for some spiritual
Afterlife
A forlorn hope
Yet better than nothing
Yet is this real?
This world in which everything dies?
Am I after all “The One”?
Tortured by an unforgiving Id
In a dream within a dream
Hoping for something not quite
So extreme
At least let me have my loved ones
For as long as I can
All will be revealed
Eventually
By the grace of Whoever
Or Whatever
Until then we can but wait
Paul Butters
© PB 30/8/2026 (Opening line 18/9/25 & next two lines 21/8/26) in Cleethorpes

No comments:
Post a Comment