Monday 13 August 2012

A Poem


Often I think and write about a certain question: "Just What is Poetry?" Sometimes I even write a poem about poetry, like this one:


A poem, to me:
A statement, speech, a view.
Onomatopoeic metaphor
About me and you.
Plotted and planned,
Or just a thing I do.
From instress to inscape,
Hopkins-like,
So very, very true.
A riotous myriad of colours,
Scented roses,
Touches new.
In verses and stanzas,
Pocket pictures you see;
Iambic rhythms and pulses,
Traditional verses,
Or free.
Time for tea.


Paul Butters

Or Skryboss (C) Yorkshire Dales Saturday 19th September 2009 at 11.30.

MMM. Skryboss - one of my efforts at a pseudonym. Ah well. Do feel free to comment below. Do scroll down to see my earlier entries, including "Older Posts". Better still, do pop back later. Poetry is to be savoured slowly... And I keep adding poems...

12\9\2012: This poem has had 224 Views to press on "Hello Poetry". That makes it my most popular poem on there. "New Eden" is challenging fast however.

No comments:

Post a Comment