Friday 10 August 2012

New Eden


This is my latest poem. Last month I challenged a Triond writer calling herself "Momofplenty" to write a poem on "Outer Space". She responded, very well, and provoked me to write something myself. Had to change my proposed title, as I'd used it before. Here it is:


We seek another Mother Earth,
Another Planet Plenty:
A World within a Goldilocks Zone,
Snuggled up
Where everything’s just right.
Out there we gaze,
High in the sky,
Up amongst those swirling nebulae.
See those galaxies twirl,
As gas-clouds spawn new stars.
Supernovae die
To be reborn
As clouds of suns
And Planets.
Countless Billions of Worlds
All waiting
To be explored.

Paul Butters

© 13\7\2012 in Humberside.

Don't be afraid to Comment, folks!

PS 9\9\12: Posted this on "Hello Poetry" and got 127 Views (to press!). On their "Trending" list.

12\9\12: 208 Views on HP to press. Now my 2nd most popular poem there to "A Poem".

1 comment:

  1. 91 Views in 5 days. Thanks Everyone. Been 2 surges actually, the 2nd surge from promoting in Linkedin.

    ReplyDelete